Monday, September 19, 2022

Queen Elizabeth's Funeral, from my view

We watched Queen Elizabeth’s Funeral this morning. These are just some mental notes from I came away with: Strangely, of the thousands of people I saw through BBC and NBC lens I only saw one person with an unnatural color hair or long hair. I think this young lady’s hair was artificially too bright red. I thought in Great Britan that was the style, more so than here. Many of the news commentators mentioned how humble and deep thinking the Queen was, full of insightful quotable quotes. A Dali lama in a skirt and crown? They said that then turned around and said the best quotes we will never known because it was private between her and leaders of the world. The funeral horses did not like the loud cannon bangs. The horses would start kicking and uprearing on each bang. There were many elite armed service officers and others with medals pinned to their coat or jacket. Are the medals something like Boy Scout Merritt Badges? Like Stamp Collecting or Building a Safe Fire? I doubt it, I think the medals are bragging rights to certain battles or exploring a new continent or something like that. Which brings up the military pallbearers who carried the coffin. Upstairs, down stairs, up nd down hills. I watched them it look like they had a method and everything went smoothly. I think there should be a medal for pallbearing heads of state bodies here and there. Two men in a hearse carried Queen Elizabeth’s body. Occasional, from a drone, bridge, or whatever would zoom in on the two men. I don’t think they spoke to each other at all. It seemed they would make small talk about the crowds, the weather, or whatever. Maybe being on duty they felt that talking would be rude, maybe it would be.

No comments: