Tuesday, February 09, 2021

Me, Don, and the Horse

 



Did I tell you the day I met my long time friend Don Lash? It was the day after Labor Day, in 1963. It was my first day in Helicopter Utility Squadron four (HU-4). It started at the E.M. Club. Don Lash could tell I was awkwardly new and shy. He was the self-appointed squadron's social director. He bought me a beer. Several beers later we decided to visit the helo area and see if we could fly a "horse" helicopter.

We walked down to where some of the helicopters are out of the hangar (pictured below). I wonder how was I going to back out? I think Don was worrying about the same thing. Somehow, magically, the conversation changed subjects.

Pictured is a "Horse" The rest of the story is long and uneventful.
No photo description available.
Brenda Jewell Petty

No comments: