Tuesday, February 16, 2021

2nd Covid Shot

 


I got my 2nd Covid shot this morning at 10:10.am.  The reason I remember the exact minute was because I had to add 15 minutes (10:25) and hang around to make sure I survived it, for the first 15 minutes anyway.

So far, I am OK. 

Here are a few things I observed this morning:

All the female staff people had on  Mardi Gras beads.

I have said more than once in my blog and facebook posts about elderly men trying to impress nurses with their charm, wit, and wisdom.  Today in the 15 minute recovery room I sat between two such men.

When one old fart gave up trying to make the volunteer giggle over his wit, he decided to impress her by telling her he had been driving farm equipment since he was 10 years old but now he just did not like to drive with all the crazy drivers.  At least he got a polite smile out of her.  The other old fart had something to share with her too, so he pulled at her arm sleeve to tell her something corny. 

How childish I thought.

After my 15 minutes the volunteer told me I could go if I felt OK.  I thanked her and stood up.  Then, I pretended to collapse.  She grabbed me.  I sprung up quickly and said, “Just kidding!”

She laughed and said, “Not on my watch!”

We parted chuckling.

I should have turned around and given the two old geezers the finger.


No comments: