Monday, July 04, 2016

Peachtre Road Race Tee-Shirts





How long of time is a Peachtree Road Race tee-shirt bragging rights good for?

The other day I got an email from a lady offering her condolences for the death of my brother-in-law, which was Tommy Prance.  Tommy lost his life in Lake Juliette 28,years ago, July 2, 1988.  I must have made a post on my blog saying something to the effect that even though I paid my running fee I did not run because of Tommy's death.
In a nice polite round-about way she hinted that she would be happy to take the Peachtree Road Race t-shirt off my hands since I did not earn it.

I wrote her back and thanked her for her condolences and concerns.  I went on to tell her the Atlanta Track Club does not hand out tee-shirts until after you cross over the finish line.
1987 was the last Peachtree Road Race I was in.  I think my first race was 1982 or 83.  I have about 5 PT tee shirts stuffed in dark places I haven't looked at in years.



My son Rocky will be running this year.  I think he has already ran more years than I have.


I was thinking, I wonder how many years of bragging rights is a Peachtree Road Race tee-shirt worth? 

My answer is:  Probably none if it is no longer fits (which is my case).

No comments: