Wednesday, March 09, 2016

Booth West Museum and Ansel Adams Photo Exhibit




In 1966 I lived in Atlanta.  My co-worker, Derwood,  was also my roommate.   He went to see the movie DOCTOR ZHIVARGO, a movie I  was considering.  WhenI asked him  what was DOCTOR ZHAVAGO about?  He thought for a few seconds and said, "It has plenty of horses."

That is about all he could relay to me about the movie.  Derwood was a man of few words.


The  Booth Museum  in Cartersville Western exhibit is about the same, it has plenty of horses.

WOW!  That pretty much covers what I was going to say about the exhibits at the Booth Museum.  I thought the museum was maybe small near an exit on the I-75.  WRONG!  It is close to downtown as you can get,

There was a pretty good good amount of photos on exhibit of photographer Ansel Adams.  And also the a lot of photography similar to Ansel Adams, which fits right in, most of, if not all, were taken in the Rocky Mountains.

And endless paintings and scuptures of cowboys, Indians, Mexicans, and their habitats:  Room after room... it just keeps going.  I don't know if we saw it all or not, and even then, I photographed not even ten percent of what was on display.

Here we go:








by Barry Goldwater




the above two by Ansel Adams









by Andy Warhol


above two, OK Corral





The above person is not real.  I thought he was for a moment but he did not move or blink.  I pulled his nose and he still did not move.  Really!
















No comments: