Sunday, February 15, 2015

SUNDAY FUNNIES! WONDER WART HOG in DRAG CARTOONS Mag




CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE TO MAKE BIGGER TO BE ABLE READ IT.

Before Gilbert Shelton became well known for being the artist for the FABULOUS FURRY FREAK BROTHERS he drew WONDER WART HOG for DRAG CARTOONS MAGAZINE and also HELP! Magazine

I knew about WONDER WART HOG being in HELP!  but I did not know about WWH being in DRAG CARTOONS Magazine until I read my friend Pappy's blog  about Golden Age Comics at http://pappysgoldenage.blogspot.com/.
This may appear that I am swiping Pappy's blog material and making it my own.   Harvey Kurtzman, creator and first editor of MAD said "imitation is the most sincerest form of flattery."  Therefore, if imitation is a very sincere form  of flattery, then plain-out using the same material is a step above the sincerest.... like more sincerest!









No comments: