Tuesday, February 24, 2015

It Is What It Is




This morning Willow and I walked in the slushy snow and ice.  It was not too bad, it was like waking on a slushy drink.
A neighbor is a nurse at the VA Hospital in Decatur.  She backed out of her driveway , rolled down her window and said good morning.  When she sees us walking in the mornings she always says good morning.

She said she was leaving late to avoid the traffic.
I said it may be just as bad because everybody might be doing the same thing.
I said I hope she wasn't having problems with all the  investigations  that the VA Hospital is receiving right now.
She swatted in thin air, like swatting a fly, in her Jamaican accent said, "It is what it is."
I told her I like that expression, "It is what it is."   I said it was profound.

She cackled laughing as she drove off.

No comments: