Thursday, February 19, 2015

Dali: Eccentric or Smart Nut?







Savaldor Dali (1904-1989) was a strange bird.  He was a Spanish surrealist painter.  I first saw samples of his surrealist art at the New York Metropolitan Museum when I was in the Navy and next, still in the Navy the Philadelphia Art Museum.  Then in later life I saw some of his stuff in Chicago and also the Atlanta's High Museum in a traveling exhibition.

There is a Salvador Dali Art Museum in Saint Petersburg, Florida, which is on my bucket list.
I found his eccentric surrealist art, well, interesting and worth studying the symbolism and also the slaps in the face art.

Not only was his art work eccentric, so was his life, or at least any time he was in a camera's viewfinder - it was good for business.   

click on images to make them make more sense, well, maybe not.




I think the above one and below one is what is most known for.


A portrait of his wife Gla



No comments: