Saturday, May 26, 2012

Whoops!


Do you remember in Disney movie FANTASIA the Sorcerer’s Helper segment? Roughly, it went something like this: the Sorcerer had to leave and he gave the apprentice (Mickey Mouse) orders to mop while he was gone.


The apprentice, being the goof off he was, used his hocus-pocus trickery to order the broom to fetch a pail of water and dump the water on the floor and mop it. Then, as the broom started to work the Apprentice took a nap.



The apprentice forgot to tell the enchanted mop when to stop. He woke up when he found himself floating in water. While he was asleep the broom kept multiplying itself and it became an army of hundreds of brooms, all carrying pails, all dumping water.


That is, in a way, the kind of situation I found myself in. My blog, up until recently, blocked my spams – which were mostly unsolicited advertisements. They got through rarely, but when one did get through, I could easily give orders to have it delete itself, which I always did. Now, the spans on my comments section of a blog are coming in by the dozen and each time I press the selection to get to the section to delete it, it instead of giving me the choice of deleting it, has a letter from a Petty Descendent who wrote and asked me something last week. What did I do wrong this time? Oh me.




In case you don’t know what in the world I am talking about when I talk about the Sorcerer’s Apprentice and the brooms – the below Disney video will explain it all.




No comments: