Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Building is Yellow! And Has Been a While



This picture was taken at Mill Street looking north up the tracks. I took the pictures more than a year ago. How do I know? Because now a walk is over the tracks where we are looking. The building on the right is yellow. It is the old Denmead Warehouse/Veach's Wholesale Grocery and presently a Thai Restaurant.

I'm confused. I thought this was recent charges that the owners of the building recently went ignored city codes and painted it yellow. It has been yellow for at least a year.


Evidently the city takes pride of the appearance at the railway tracks and Mill Street. About a year ago the city pulled a few legal maneuvers to get rid of a red Pullman's car which they thought was an embarrassment to the city. It looked like a good landmark to me.

No comments: