Thursday, July 22, 2010

Chicken Fat or Chicken Shit?


Two of my friends received this email:

HEY GUYS, WHAT HAPPEN TO THE TUESDAY GET TOGETHER? DON'T SEE IT ON CHICKEN FAT ANYMORE. ARE YOU KEEPING UP WITH THE VIDEOS. SURE ENJOYED SEEING THOSE. LOOKS LIKE ALL I HAVE LEFT TO LOOK FORWARD TO IS THE VARNER'S REUNION, SO LET'S NOT LET THIS ONE GO BY THE WAYSIDE, PLEASE!!!

GIVE ME A REPLY, WHEN YOU CAN, PLEASE!!! TALK TO YOU SOON,



There is no need to shout.

With the risk of looking like I am jumping into someone else’s conversation, I have a few words to say about the way Chicken Fat is excluding the GOBAG now:

The GOBAG meeting is still every Tuesday evening. The summer months are busy months. Not as many people attend, for various reasons. I didn’t attend this past Tuesday but I think I attended last week or the week before. Only nine or ten people came that time.

During the hot months we are meeting inside at the bar downstairs at the American Legion. It is just too hot outside to cook or anything else. We commandeer about two to four round tables and talk, drink beer, and order some frozen pizzas.

With such a small crowd in with a limited span of space someone clicking and flashing a camera in your eyes all the time would get old in a hurry. Or if someone rammed their camcorder in your face all the time in such a limited space would soon do away with the “candid be-yourself” videos. In other words, in a small group when taking a picture, I sensed, I was intruding on their privacy.

The annual Bell Reunion will probably be the last weekend of September and probably some videos and close-u[ people shots will be born on that day and will find themselves on various blogs, and probably earlier than that the weather will be nice enough for GOBAG to return to the barbecue pit outside which will mean a bigger crowd and more elbow room – and more photographs.

For what it is worth, I love taking pictures, stills and video, of people that I knew much when they were much younger. I enjoy sharing them. That is a big reason I have a blog.

Did you know there are at least three such groups of aging life-long friends in the Marietta/Cobb area that meet weekly?

I feel rude butting in on a conversation. Excuse me.

No comments: