Wednesday, April 14, 2010

a Public Service Announcement - a Secret!


Yesterday I went to the Cobb County Water Department where the old Glover Machine Works used to be at the corner of Atlanta Street and South Cobb Drive. I went there to make arrangements and authorize them to withdraw the amount of our bill from our checking account.

After I did the paper work the teller leaned over said she wanted to ask me a personal question: "How old are you?" She wanted to know.

I told her. I was expecting her to tell me I didn't look that old but she gave me even better news.

She said I qualify to have seven bucks a month to be knocked off my water bill. I don't know the qualifications but I assume by her question it is a bennie for senior citizens. So, if you fall under that age group and are serviced by Cobb County Water you might want to give them a call to see if you can save yourself $84.00 a month.... oops! I meant year.

2 comments:

Jean Campbell said...

... you can only save $84 a month if you are paying the water bills for 12 houses.

Change that to $84 a year and delete my comment. Thanks.

Eddie said...

Nell, I can't censure a cousin... I think it would be a sin.