Saturday, January 23, 2010

There Are Kin Folks in Those Hills


The other day I made an interesting discovery while looking at that some genealogy data that I compiled. It was right under my nose for several years.

But first, I have to introduce you to two of my cousins:
(1) My 4th cousin, 3 times removed, James McDaniel Stinson. James was born in Chatham County, North Carolina, 26 April 1851 and died there 29 June 1919. He is a Tyson descendant. I am also a Tyson descendant, on my father’s side of the family.

(2) My 5th cousin, 2 times removed, Mary Stacy Petty. Mary was born 2 April 1852, in Lee County, North Carolina, and died 29 June 1919, in Chatham County, North Carolina. She is a Petty descendant from the same Petty stock I am descended from on my mother’s side of the family.

James McDaniel Stinson and Mary Stacy Petty were husband and wife. They married 6 February 1873. Two very distant cousins that were unrelated married and instantly also became my distant cousin in-laws before even my grandparents were born. I just thought it was interesting and slightly amusing, that’s all.

No comments: