Friday, January 01, 2010

My Tyson Genealogy - Part 1


I thought I would start the year off with this blog with one of its original intention: To show what I have compiled as far as my family tree is concerned.

I strayed off course doing so, and probably will again.

My father's mother maiden name was Tyson. My father's middle name is Tyson and so is mine. My grandmother was born in Cherokee County, Georgia, and died in Marietta. She probably did not know just what a huge and history-witnessing family she belonged to. So, if you stay tune and I am consistent, you will.

First, the first known Tyson generation:

1. JOHN2 TYSON (UNKNOWN1) was born 1636, and died 1683 in , Northampton Co, Va. He married SUSANNIKA TYSON. She was born Bef. 1644 in , , , Wales, and died Unknown in , Accomack Co, Va1.

Notes for JOHN TYSON:
Orlando library, in an old book, hasa record of members of the Dar. compiled by Elsie Tyson Hughes 1963-1965. "...indicates that 5 brothers came from Wales prior to 1635..they settled in the coastal area of Va. goes on...
1679 - John and wife Susannika Tyson along with son Mathias Tyson purchased 100 acres of land in Accomack County Va. After John died, Susannika and her second husband Robert Thompson, and Mathias and his wife Mary sold the land on 7/28/1891.
Accomack County, Va., is the peninsular that forms the Chesapeake Bay. - From the book "THE GEORGIA TYSONS" by Elisa Hembree

Children of JOHN TYSON and SUSANNIKA TYSON are:
2. i. MATHIAS3 TYSON, b. 1660, , Accomack Co, Va; d. Mar 1709/10, , Bath (now Hyde), NC.
ii. ANNE TYSON, b. 1665, , Accomack, Va; d. Unknown.
iii. KATHERINE TYSON, b. 1668, , Accomack, Va; d. Unknown.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am too of Tyson decent. My mother was a Tyson. My grandfathers family was in the Kennesaw, GA area. Wonder how we might be connected.

Eddie said...

Are you related to Thomas Greenberr & Etta Hilderbrand Tyson?