Saturday, December 29, 2007

John Joseph Abercrombie*



I do not have his birth year but I do have John's father’s which is 1914. Based on the car in the background, the picture was probably taken during the 1940s, probably during WWII, during rationing times. It looks like Joe might have used that big bucket looking bike basket for haul around rationed things. The bucket looks like it may have came from a steel yard.

He is the great grandson of John Rafas Hunter, who was William A. Hunter/Trammell’s grandson.

Joe’s grandmother, Emma Hunter Abercrombie, daughter of John Rafas Hunter, and her husband Andrew Joseph Abercrombie, moved to Birmingham, Alabama, and was a steel working family. I suppose the picture was taken in Birmingham.

Now, with the name Abercrombie I wonder if they are related to the clothing store Abercrombie and Finch? And if so, that means I am related to them, and if that is the case, maybe I can use my connection and get a job modeling for the store. Maybe the big sexy picture of the shirtless man in the store be me. Maybe I can introduce for the spring line - the short and dumpy look.


*In my genealogical research on this family I noticed that some members spelled their names Abercrombie and others Abrecombie. So, for the sake of little pun of me using my connections to get to be a model, I changed their names to suit the occasion.

6 comments:

kenju said...

The store spells it Abercrombie, Edie, so it may not be the same.

Eddie said...

Judy,
Edie?
Actually, the Abrecrombies spelled their name Abrecrombie, but I thought the store spelled their's Aber - so, I tailored their name to suit my purpose....I better go back change it.

Deborah Wilson said...

Eddie,

Thanks for your comment on my blog..cruising around checking out both of your blogs - it took a while for me to get here but you should know how it is during the Holidays! A full house..:) I hope your Holidays were good ones.

Eddie said...

Deborah,
Thank you for for visiting. I hope you visit often and I am visiting you often also. I really enjoy your local Marietta stuff.
Yes, we did have a great Christmas - but we ate too much and got too much - typical American gluttons!

Carolyn said...

I was going to ask if you were related to the Abercrombie of A.. & Fitch.

Hope you and your family had a great Christmas :)

Eddie said...

Carolyn,
Only if there is a buck in it for me.
Yes, we did have a great Christmas, I hope you did also.