Friday, April 06, 2007

Joe Report

A couple days ago I was returning from a walk/run and in front of me was Joe and a friend of his. They are both big guys and look intimidating, which they probably work at.

When we got closer I asked Joe when he is due (meaning his girlfriend). He said 3 days. Then he added that after the baby is born they are moving to North Carolina. I said, “You are?”

He said, “The cost of living is cheaper there – but the land is expensive.”

I asked where at and he looked that he didn’t know. To help him out, I said, “Western North Carolina – the mountains?”

“Yeah”.

“What town?”

“Ernhart Boulevard.”

I nodded and told him good luck. And I mean it, he will need it. If he thinks Ernhart Boulevard is a town.... he and his newly developing family are going to need all the good luck they can find. They need a mojo.

I don’t know, but I would imagine that just about any town in North Carolina big enough to have a boulevard would have one named Ernhart Boulevard, the same as any city of any size will have a MLK Boulevard.

Then yesterday, a plumber was here and I was with him, doing what I could to help and my neighbor Kathleen called. She asked me was I keeping up with the activity across the street (meaning Joe’s house). I said no, I was with the plumber. She said by what she is observing she thinks they are going to try to deliver the baby at home.

Good for them that the Lord looks out for drunks and nuts.

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

Oh man. You'll have to let us know what happens with that.

Eddie said...

Suzanne,
Whatever will happen, it will be a surprise. Not a day goes by that I am surprised by that bunch.

Anonymous said...

Ed, I implore you. Please try to persuade him not to move up here. We already have enough meth and crime.

Who knows, 12 years from now I may end up teaching that kid just before i retire with Bird.

Eddie said...

Steve,
I'm sure the little darling, he or she, will do great in school. They better, if you know what is good for you.