Sunday, August 20, 2023

Mama & Daddy and Others Courting

 


1936. Left to right: First is my mother, Ethel America "Janie" Petty, behind her is her date, my father Ed Hunter; the next lady is Johnnie somebody; next is Janie's sister Opal Petty; the lady standing beside her is Lois Carter. About two years after this picture Lois married a relative, Toy Moon. I don't know who the other man is.
Apparently the big smoke stack in the back drop is at a Glover family enterprise.
Speaking of Glover Enterprises: My father was probably working there at the time, and his father also. Glover Machine Works had their own physician. If any employee or their dependents needed a doctor, the Glover Machinery doctor would pay them a visit and probably in most cases fixed them up. I think the medical treatment was all paid for.
No photo description available.
All reactions:

No comments: