Wednesday, November 02, 2022

Another Late General George

Over 20 years ago I worked with another Eddie at the Post Office. Eddie was an ex-executive with the Coke Company. His boss was General George Montgomery. George was Eddie’s hero. Eddie talked about the General so much whenever I saw George’s name I took notice. Somehow, if I remember correctly, General Montgomery lived on over 150 acres off Laura Lake Drive off Bells Ferry Road. I think at the time it was government land with no one allowed on it but General Montgomery. It was a bird sanctuary and he was the caretaker. But now the General is dead, I think he has been for several years, and the real estate people are chomping at their bits wanting to get in and draw up plans for lots and house building. I think over building over 100 homes is estimated. The local neighbors are putting up a fight. Bye Bye Birdies!

No comments: