Thursday, December 27, 2018

NYC Tourist Transportation, Dec 2018





Transportation. In the 1960s when I was stationed near we use the bus, subway, and our feet to get around Manhattan. Now, I have no idea how to pay or knowledge to know what to get on.
That is what cabs are far. We rode cabs twice, I believe, on your visit this time. Then we tried waving down one in the pouring down rain and they just did not stop. We know they are available to pick a rider up when that light thing on top of the cab is on.
After standing in the rain for over 20 minutes having no luck we tried Lyfth. Anna had a Lyfth APP on her i-phone so we gave them a try. The Lyfth driver was there in 4 minutes. We used them several other times. They were always quick. Friendly, and eager to please. In one case I saw a picture I wanted to take a picture of and he pulled over.

One Lyth driver saw me taking movie pictures and my camera shook at every bump in the streets, he suggested I ride up front and hold my camera on the dash.  They all were personal friendly like that, earning a buck wasn't everything.
I think we used at least 5 Lyfth drivers. Every one had an accent. They all had work visas. One female driver told us she was from South Africa and her daughter is still there, living with her grandparents. They talk often with Facetilme. Online. When her daughter becomes a certain age she will be eligible to come to America. She told us all the hoops and hurdlers she is going have to jump over or through to get to stay here and one day be eligible to be a United States citizen. “Why?” I asked.
Because the American is the land of opportunity.
"Until a president comes along who wants to send aliens back I thought."
Another thing:  We found out the day touring buses are not all they are cracked up to be:  Beware.
Here are some of my pictures taken from a Lyft car in NYC















No comments: