Friday, August 31, 2018

PO Memories




I worked about 15 years at the Atlanta Post Office before transferring to the Post Office in Marietta.  Most of the time in Atlanta I worked in the time keepers office.   There you can not help from meeting some interesting people.
This evening my mind had re-runs of a guy at the Atlanta Post Office that worked in the box section.  He was a vey nice easy-going guy but maybe too easy going.
Once he took the supervisor’s test.   Afterwards the Atlanta Postmaster wanted to meet him.  He had made the lowest of any one ever taking the test.  That was one thing I remembered about him.
Another thing, one time  my office co-worker went to this guy’s house in Paulding County to see something he had for sale, I forgot what, a table or something.   While there my co-worker had to go to the bathroom.   He asked where the bathroom was and they told him.   They also added,  “Turn on the light and Watch your step.”
They were right.  The bathroom had no floor.  Only the frame of the floor, like rafters.  The boards were discolored, not new timber any more.   They did not have a basement so you just saw dirt.  Apparently, the guy started off remodeling their bathroom and lost interest, or the novelty wore off and he just quit.   He got the plumbing completed but just not the floor.  The plumbing in the bathroom is the most important, right?

No comments: