Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Hard Hearted Hannah

About a week ago we got a telephone call, it was a recording, that said, "Hello, I am Hannah with Atlanta Hearing Association."  and quieness.
Hannah's recording malfauncted. 
About two days later Hannah called again.  And again, one sentence and it got quiet.  Then over a few days Hannah called back twice with the same m.o.
Then today she called.  She added a sentnce.  She asked "How are you?"
I went on a rant telling the computerized recorded message that how she has been calling and just saying the one message and no more.
I think the computer has been fixed to sense sounds, and patiently wait until a sentence or paragraph break.
It said, "I see.  According to our records someone in this household  is hearing impared and qualify for free care."
I said, "Nope. Maybe it is you.  Maybe you can hear but just do not listen."
Andl hung up.
How come I am trying to put down a computer anyway?

No comments: