Saturday, January 31, 2015

Donna Lawrence Will be Missed





We went to a funeral  yesterday of Donna Lawrence, daughter of my lifelong  friend Neal Lawrence.  When  I say "lifelong" I mean, really lifelong.  He and his family lived in the other unit of the duplex I was born in on Atlanta Street.
The first thing that struck me that something was different was it appeared that most close family and friends were not dressed up, they were wearing UGA Dawg jerseys, shirts, or anything else with the big G.

I never met Donna but it would have been a privilege if I had.  But I don't think I could have kept up with her.  She lived life in the fast lane.  She loved live and loved to party.
Her niece gave a very funny recap eulogy of Donna's life.  She had one exciting adventure after another, which included a head on motorcycle accident years ago, which if I understood correctly, her mother Jane was in too.   She was a ball of energy.  And a apparently a DAWG fan.

The memorial service was truly a celebration of her life.


I know she will be missed.  I miss her and didn't even get to meet her.

No comments: