Sunday, March 02, 2014

Woodstock Bluegrass Jamboree, March 1, 2014





This is bits and pieces of the video and still pictures of the last Woodstock  Bluegrass Jamboree, on Saturday, March 1, 2014.  The guest band was the Mars Hill Porch Pickers that was on first and secondly, was the host band, The Jot'Em Down Boys.


Mars Hill  Porch Pickers





This is P. Dickson Lester, apparent leader and spokesman of the Mars Hill Porch Pickers.  He just returned from six weeks in Kenya for Mars Hill Church Ministry.
 

Last year one Tuesday we were  in front of the Australian Bakery on the Square  in Marietta watching the jam sessions of many bluegrass pickers.  That is what pickers do every Tuesday evening in front of the Australian Bakery  - jam.  I was doing my usual thing, photographing, and P. Dickson approached me suggested he take my camera  and I take his guitar and start strumming and he would make a video of me  jamming with the best.   We did, and I have shown it on this blog several times,  or over and over.    I faked it so good several friends have complemented me.


This person sung a very good song about the Battle of Kennesaw Mountain in the Civil War (June 1864).  He was born in Chicago.





Jot'Em Down Boys


Cliff Twyman


Bob Twyman

They said his name at least five times.  I think I needed to hear it six times to remember it.

Danny Bermel

Bob Putman


No comments: