Monday, January 23, 2012

Patricia Whiten Had to Leave Us



Patricia Whiten Morton died last night.

Back in high school one summer Patricia rode with me to summer school. One day after we left class we were chasing a friend on Polk Street. On the back side of Mountain View Cemetery we were going at a fast speed and I suddenly had to stop for whatever reason I forgot. My parents car, a '53 Chevvy, did a complete spin. Patricia chewed me out and called me every curse word she could think of. She knew how to humble me, for sure. She inspried me to drive safely, especially when I had passengers.

Horace Armfield told me this morning that one time Patricia had a wreck driving his motor scooter. Dogs were chasing her and she raised her legs to keep from the dogs getting biting her legs and she lost control and had a wreck which broke a leg. She missed much of school that year and graduated the year after her original class graduated.

She will be missed by all that knew her.

Visitation will be at Mayes-Ward Tuesday, from 6:00 to 8:00PM
Funeral will be Mayes-Ward Wednesday at 3:00PM
Burial will be at Cheatham Hill Cemetery.

No comments: