Monday, July 27, 2009

I Think They Both Should Win


Not long ago I heard a man and his son-in-law jokingly argue.

I don’t know who got the first punch in, I think the debate has been carrying on for months, maybe years.

When I picked up on it, it went like this:

One said, “No, you are dumber than I am.”

The other one said, “No, you are dumber than I am”

And the other one cleverly said, “No, you are dumber than I am,”

And then the other one, not to be outwitted or outdone, said, “No, you are dumber than I am!”

And it continued as I walked away.

It is probably still continuing.

You have to give each side credit, each brought up a very vital point that it is hard to argue with.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eddie, that's DEEP *lol.

Reminds me of this old adage ... "Never argue with a fool because people will begin to wonder who the fool is".

By the way, I loved the photos of the old cars. I remember Richard Law drove around in one of those oldies.
G

Eddie said...

Gary,
"because people will begin to wonder who the fool is". So that is why people don't argue with me much!

Thank you, I think we were in a unique formative time of history - the time was saying "bye" to the old cars and "Hello babe!" to the new fangled cars. We were caught in between.

And the background of those ads were nice - it brought back a lot of memories.

I'm not through with the Olympian yearbooks yet - I'm going to pick them clean like a buzzard would.

Anonymous said...

I am not "Gary" .... sheesh, how quickly you forget :)

As you go through the yearbooks, try to find the one of me doing the ad for Latimer's dress shop.
There were 2 of us in that particular ad (Connie maybe).
GB

Eddie said...

Geri,
Darn! I said Gary didn't I? Well, that is what happens when I let my mind think on its own.
I saw that ad and thought of you. I thought I would work it in somehow later.