Friday, February 24, 2006

Treadmill Delivered

The Nordic Track Treadmill was delivered this morning.

As I mentioned in a previous post I was afraid it was going to be handled by an old man who sounded on the phone as he was on oxygen, having to gasp for every word. Again, I misjudged a phone voice. The voice belong to a young healthy man and he had a helper, also young and healthy. They handled to treadmill like I would handle, well, something not too heavy.

One reason it was handled so well was that it came in two or three parts, and maybe all three total were heavy accumative, but so much one at a time.

It seems to work fine.

It was interesting listen to the two men talk between themselves as they assembled the machine. It went something like this:

"I was helping unload something at this woman's house yesterday and she told me burn the boxes. Burn the boxes? Why? Don't Fulton County have a outside burning law?"
"They do! (laughs)"
"Yeah, they do, she told me to cut them up in small pieces and burn them on the grill. Well, I did, but first, I asked her why don't she burn them. She said that is what men are for."
"She wasn't married?"
"Nah, she an't married, 52 years old and has no husband or no kids, but she does have one of those little hotdogs - er-Dachshund dogs."
"Sounds like she is set in her ways."
"Uh hun, she is. Then I was in with her in her car and she said went by a McDonald's drive-in window and I got a hambuger, and after the first bite, she told me she forgot to tell me, she didn't allow anybody to eat in her car."
Other guy laughs.
People are interesting.

2 comments:

kenju said...

Never a dull moment, huh? Work that new treadmill, Eddie.

Eddie said...

I am still honeymooning with it, trying out the various programs and experimenting with the bells and whistles, however, this morning I did walk 30 minutes on it and watched the news.