Sunday, November 20, 2016

Food To-Go Adventure




True Story again:  Yesterday I went to a restaurant to pick up a to-go order.
The lady in line in front of me was toting an 8 month old child and in tow was little boy about two.  I made faces at the 8 month old child, girl I think, and she would beam a smile and me likewise.  I asked how old and the mother told me eight months.  For some reason I thought they were dirt poor.  The only reason I thought that was the 8 month old threw her pacifier a couple of times on the floor and the mother each time would pick it up and give it to her and she immediately put  it in her mouth.  That thing was on the floor.  But when she placed her order she spoke like a well trained educated speaker.  Wrong again!
One time her little boy said,  "Corn Bread!"
I thought to myself:  I learned that very day My grandson Benjamin said, "Dark Vader!"
At the cash register I paid and the man gave me my order and thanked me for my business.
I said, "Do I get a register receipt?"

He said, "I always give a receipt!"  And ripped off the 6 to 8 feet long printed registered receipts and handed me the one on the tail-end. 

No comments: