Thursday, February 11, 2016

Night at the Marietta Museum of History



Last night the Marietta Museum of History had Member Appreciation Night.  We went  to sop up the appreciation and free finger foods.  It always amazes me just how much the museum has.  Not everything is displayed at one time.  And these pictures represent only about 10% of what is displayed now. 
Visit and check it out for yourself.

Click on each picture to enlarge it to make it more understandable.

This stairway is an unworking stairwell but it is also full of spirits running up and down the staircase.  True!  A Ghostbuster kind club measured with their machine.   It is loaded with ghosts!  Really!

















When this foot/shoe x-ray machine was at either Coggins or Floreshine (?) I always checked it out to see my skeleton feet.  Just like I always weighed myself at Schillings Hardware on their big scale at the front door.







The Civil War was a big part of the history of Marietta.


Remember Judge Manning?  I do. This came from his office.







No comments: