Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Invisible People Can't Read

If you have read my blog for any length of time you probably know at times I complain or politely grumble because I am invisible; or often ignored.

But instead of doing something positive like robbing a bank or be a spy I rather take the low road and just quietly and politely grumble about it.

Which brings me to my next “Being Ignored Adventure”: We live in a subdivision of about 200 houses. About every other week newspaper-like papers are thrown in each driveway. It is all advertising with coupons and all that sort of shoppers’ delight kind of stuff. The papers are in weather protective sacks just like the newspapers delivered and by outside appearances it is easily confuse the two.

That is all the houses get a copy but one: our house of course. The house next to us has been vacant since January. I always get the copy left in that driveway.

Another irritant with this is the people across the street always get a copy and never picks it up. The drive over and over it and finally, it just get torn into pieces and the weather carries it away.

I think the reason we don’t get one because the person delivering the papers probably has been instructed to leave them at houses with mailboxes. We don’t have a mailbox. We have a Post Office Box.

I guess that is understandable.

However, the bottom line is an unoccupied house qualifies to get the sales paper and we don’t.


1 comment:

chamblee54 said...

I stumbled onto your fine blog recently. If you get a minute, come visit chamblee54.wordpress.com.
Freebie newspapers that are left out in the weather by lazy/vacant homeowners make me angry. They get rain swept into the street, and then cars run over them and spread paste all over the road. Even if they pile up on the driveways, they are UGLY.