Sunday, June 18, 2006

DING! DING! DING!

That is me ringing the bell saying this blog is back in business!
My son Adam returned my computer and hooked it up and it seems to working great again.

Speaking of bells ringing - yesterday while riding my bike down the sidewalk of of one of the main roads near by I noticed on the handle bars a little bell. This is a little round silver bell with a little spring thing with a tiny metal hammer-like thing... you pull the spring back and let go and it lets out a ring. I thought only the likes of Pee Wee Herman had bells on their bicycles. But, apparently not. It is the way bike riders can rudely tell the old couple holding hands and walking in front of them to "GET OFF MY SIDEWALLK!!"

Our Fathers Day dinner was nice. Both sons, Rocky and Adam came, so did my two sisters, and my mother-in-law. We had barbecue pulled pork and ribs that we bought to-go at a near by barbecue joint we fell in love with.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Horns should do that Depression Era "a-ooga" sound like the model t's did.

Eddie said...

My neighbor's teenage son has a friend that drives a big red truck that his horn plays a few notes of "Dixie" - which he always plays when he drives up. He thinks it is his announcement - his trademark. Bless his heart.

Suzanne said...

Sounds like you had a great father's day.

Eddie said...

I did. Both sons under the same roof is a rare occurance.
And my sisters and mother-in-law too.
My computer got fixed and I received two CDs, The Best of The Grateful Dead and The First 10 Years of Joan Baez.
KooBayah!