Thursday, October 26, 2006

My Bachelor Life Stops Comes To a Halt

Today is the day I Anna returns from Texas and I am to pick her up at the Atlanta Airport at 5:09. I am to pick her up at the North Terminal, not to be confused with the South Terminal, which I did Monday.

Apparently the South Terminal looks like mostly Delta Flights covering the Eastern US. The North Terminal is other flights, such as AirTran, which Anna flew, covering Western flights.

And I am jumping up and down raising my hand saying, “But what about International Flights?” And the guide says, “Shuddup kid, ya bother me!”

Before I leave to get her today there is some quick housekeeping I need to do. For three days I have been in the frame of mind of living in a 9 room walk-in closet. There may be a jacket hanging over this chair, a pair of Levis on the floor by the bed, and another pair draped over another chair, and shirts here and there, and shoes strolled around like beer cans on the edge of the Interstate.

I need to pick up all the near-shots I made at the kitchen garbage can… just a few napkins and wadded up paper towels – there are no food morsels because I ate most my meals out.

However, I did put all my dingy underwear into the dirty clothes hamper. I have standards.

I also raked the leaves in the front yard and ran the lawnmower over it to mulch the scattered maverick leaves. Every time I turn on my lawnmower, with the same reaction as Provo’s Dog, my neighbor Jim comes over with his edger to edge my driveway.

I am a person who is something of a recluse and enjoys his privacy. Jim, with his edger, pops my privacy bubble. Although I appreciate his generosity, if I was that concerned over my driveway being edged I would have bought an edger long ago – and told Anna I just might do that. She said I might hurt Jim’s feelings. Jim is over 80. I guess edging my driveway makes him feel needed… and I get my driveway edged – it all works out, kind of the like the little birds that pecks the dingle berries off elephants’ asses.

8 comments:

Carolyn said...

ROFLMBO! That last line got me ;D

Eddie said...

Carolyn,
I'm glad I could get to you. Belated Happy Birthday (again).

Button Gwinnett said...

My momma always did say that you can tell a lot about someone by how they act when no one's looking. But you did get a lot done before Anna's flight home.

;-)

kenju said...

Laughing out loud here, Eddie and thanking you for the giggle.

I AM SO GLAD you have standards!!

Eddie said...

Button,
I did, but I I didn't get to do my normal Thursday duties like wash clothes and vacuum.

Eddie said...

Judy,
Where would we be without standards... dirty underwear would be all over the place.

Suzanne said...

Brilliant last line there. Utterly brilliant!

Eddie said...

Susanne,
Aww shucks! Thank you.