Thursday, October 05, 2006

Mary Jane Pannell Prance


This is Anna’s great-grandmother, Mary Jane Pannell Prance (1853-1927). She married James Marion Prance and they had six children.

Mary Jane’s Pannell family lived on Sandy Plains Road, just down the road from the farm I buy my honey at. What used to be their driveway is now Parnell Road which goes into a subdivision.

I think a county clerk or street namer made a mistake. I think they intended to name the road after the name of the family that originally lived there but one of the n’s was mistakenly taken for a r, so it was named something completely different.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Ed,
What a fantastic picture!

Eddie said...

Bird,
It is nice isn't it? I suppose she would get a kick out of future generations doing kitchen stuff in a kitchen with 4 walls.

kenju said...

A lovely photo. It reminds me of my great-grandmother; she had the same shape and was about that height. Same hairdo too.

Eddie said...

Judy,
I have a picture of her husband James Prance sitting on a bail of cotton comming up soon.

Anonymous said...

Bird pointed this one out to me. awesome....

Eddie said...

Steve,
She looks like a tough wiry old mama doesn't she. She probably kept those muscles hard by pulling the well rope and chopping wood, not to mention chasing down yard chickens to use that ax again.