Sunday, October 15, 2006

The Debate

Today we watched the debate between Lt. Governor Mark Taylor, the Libertarian candidate – sorry, I forgot his name, and Governor Sonny Perdue.

It was a replay of a debate that took place a day or so ago.

First of all, I admit I am biased. I had plans on voting for Mark Taylor before the debate started and after the debate I still have plans on voting for Mark Taylor – even more so.

When Mark Taylor repeatedly accused Perdue of he pulling off a deal of signing a loophall law, that was retroactive back to when he made his land deal, which exempted Sonny from paying taxes on that land transaction, which would only benefit him and him alone, he did not deny it – he just made fun of Taylor’s make-believe liar’s nose growing. I bet as a child Sonny was good at dodge ball.

Also I noticed that after Sonny spoke each time his cheering section went wild and when the two other candidates try to speak they tried to boo and holler so no one would be able to hear what the opposing candidates had to say.

I noticed that about Republican cheerleaders, they respect nobody’s voices but their own. They sure are rude and obnoxious.

But I suppose they are right, after all, if you are against the Republican Party you are against America and God - just ask them.

4 comments:

Button Gwinnett said...

The whole spectacle was more WWE than a political debate. But I was told to expect this to look a little more like the old fashioned town hall stump debates than the more ruly ones we usually see on tv.

Several people have commented on Sonny's annoying chuckling and speaking out of turn. So in essence, his cheering section was merely following his own rude lead.

To me, the debate was a waste of time. I would've gotten more out of it had Mark belly splashed Sonny from the top rope.

Perhaps the Atlanta Press Club debates will be more focused and civilized.

Eddie said...

I wonder how the random surveys looked today - who lost ground and who gained ground because of the Town Hall Meeting debate?

Suzanne said...

It's like that asshole Ann Coulter. She yells over anyone who disagrees with her, but treat her the way she treats others, and she calls you a savage and starts acting all victimized. I wish other American's would wake up to this.

Eddie said...

Susanne,
Ann Coulter really bugs me. She thinks she her wisdom (opinion) is from God Himself.
Recently, she was in Cobb County to give a speech and the next day the article in the paper started off "Those who were lucky enough to get a ticket to hear ann Caulter..." I couldn't read anymore.