Monday, October 30, 2006

I'm Da Chief


We went to a Fall Festival in downtown Marietta this weekend.

When I saw a tent for the Marietta Fire Department I asked the two firemen when their museum hours were and they told me more or less when I come and leave. They said they normally keep the museum locked but all I had to do was tell the captain on duty and he would unlock it for me. I know they have some neat fire fighting contraptions, I remember seeing some big kettle or boiler looking things with brass tubing and pipes all over it - I think it was horse drawn. They also have one or two old fire trucks from the 20s and 30s. And my target will be to see my uncle Doug Hunter's in a group picture on the wall that was taken in 1946. And if possible see if I can talk them into making me a a copy.

Maybe if I wear my Fire Chief hat the captain will listen to me.

While I was at the Marietta Fire Department tent I saw a stack of red plastic fireman hats but forgot about them just about as quick as I talked to the fireman about the museum.

But later, while Anna was dealing with someone about a necklace at a crafts booth that I saw a little kid walk buy with a shiny red plastic fire chief's hat on. Then another one. Then another!

I wanted one!

I went back to the Fire Department tent and stood in line with the kids and got me a hat. I wanted one because it has MARIETTA printed on it. Now, what do I do with it?

4 comments:

kenju said...

Well, you could always wear it tomorrow when you go trick or treating.....LOL

Eddie said...

Judy,
I just might do that.
"House torch or treat!"

Suzanne said...

I love it.

Eddie said...

Suzanne,
It might be ideal to run on the streets with... the traffic can see me coming.