Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Wednesday Morning Armchair Politicking

Well, Sonny did.

Nationally it appears that Bush’s Iraq efforts had a negative effect but in Georgia had minus effect. Most of Georgians are sold on slick talking Republicans. In fact, they even gained a bit. Now, the two top offices in Georgia will be held by Republicans. Now, the Lieutenant Governor is held by a Democrat – which is the same Democrat that ran for Governor and lost.

Why?

I think Governor Sonny Perdue had more money to spend on the ad campaign. And although he may not be that charismatic he is a good actor – he came off like he is very easy going and charismatic.

And I think Mark Taylor threw too much mud. People thought of him as a negative mud slinging person. And I think he was too brutal to Cathy Cox in the form of negative campaigning. But, Cathy Cox got even by not doing anything. She may have made a difference if she had shown support of Mark, but she remained silent, which honestly, I don’t blame her.

And the charisma charm I think was why Casey Cagle (Republican) beat Jim Martin (Democrat). Casey is charismatic. Casey radiates a positive force. Jim Martin looks serious and depressed. This may be completely opposite of what they really are, but this is what I think their images are.

I think Jim Martin is more ethical than Casey Cagle – but he didn’t smile enough. He didn’t have that radiant beam about him. Which all reflects the belief people naturally like the good looking person most. It has been proven that good looking people, men and women, are offered more perks, more service, and more for the buck in general.

And you can not underrate the gullibility of voters.

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

Bah, I am sorry to hear that the Repbulican won. I'm not too surprised. At least we picked up governships in other states, and of course, the House.

I just hope that people don't blame the democrats for not fixing all the mess that's out there in 2 short years.

Eddie said...

Suzzane,
I don't know, the local TV station interviewed members of the local American Legion and some of them were not happy those "sorry Democrates" forced Dummy Rummy out... but one of them, I am proud to say, a guy name Terry that I grew up with said "It's time for a change."

Suzanne said...

It's sure easy to be a friend of Rummy when you are not the veteran in Iraq!

Suzanne said...

I'm proud of Terry for thinking for himself, though.