Thursday, November 09, 2006

Rumbles of Ramble

This morning I walked 30 minutes on the treadmill and then went for a 22 minute run in the neighborhood. On TV I watched the Republicans squirm and out running I listened to Gladys Knight and The Pips on my MP3 player.

I think I always feel better when I run. It is just the motivation part that ties me down – I need a jump start sometimes.

And of course, I feel good that the Democrats are coming to power again. I just hope it doesn’t go to their heads like it did the Republicans. But it is nice to see the bully of the classroom (Bush) wake up and see that he is outnumbered.

All the upcoming newly elected Democrats coming to Congress and the Senate – I wonder if IMPEACH is on their mind? When the tables were turned it was on the Republicans’ minds when Clinton lied about a no-victim incident he was in. He lied under oath. George lied to the American people and the world about Iraq possessing Weapons of Mass Destruction…. And the lie has and keeps on having victims, thousands of them.

Anna and I had lunch at a Chinese Restaurant yesterday. The Restaurant has a giant aquarium running almost the complete length of the restaurant. If gives the illusion of two rooms, which lets one feel he or she is eating in a smaller room which makes the surroundings more personal, than if you were eating in a larger room, which you actually are.

The huge giant aquarium goes from the counter by your booth about half way to the ceiling. Another illusion is that it is not one big aquarium it is maybe four or five aquariums lined up, which is practical, if a kid threw his ball it would only break one tank, not flood the joint and whitewater them out into the street.

The aquarium beside us as far as I could tell only had two creatures in it. One, I think was a large Angel Fish. It has a big speckled horny looking umbrella looking thing spread out behind its’ head. It reminded me of a prehistoric creature that fought King Kong. Then on the floor of the tank was a huge Gila Monster looking thing that just lied there. It had a beak or mouth like an alligator. Although for a while I thought it wasn’t interested in us at all, it didn’t even look our way… but the more I looked at it the more I wondered if it was listening to us… it had its mouth opened, like stretching its ear cavity (like old people do) to hear us better.

The people in the next booth had a little fish that looked like a puppy in the face with a little black nose. It seemed to watch them and might have even been begging for table scraps.

Another thing about that group: I think it was a young husband and wife and a mother-in-law. The young husband had on a baseball cap. He asked for chop sticks. Somehow, a young Caucasian man with a ball cap on eating with chop sticks doesn’t seem natural.

I think the dog-face fish was impressed.

10 comments:

Jodin said...

Yes, Impeach!

Eddie said...

Causal,
Makes sense to me.
Thanks for dropping by. You have two interesting blog sites.

Unknown said...

As much as I would love to see an impeachment, I would rather see dems spend their time solving the crisis in Iraq, raise the minimum wage, etc...

Eddie said...

Bird,
You are right. It would be much more productive to get productive than revert back to "an eye for an eye" sort of justice. However, I would still like to see Bush squirm.

Unknown said...

Bush can squirm aplenty when he's roastin' in HELL.

Eddie said...

George should be thankful that most Democrats are liberals.

Suzanne said...

I agree with both all of you. I want social justice on one hand (issues bird raised), and the blood-thirsty part of me wants revenge. I wish I could have both. Sigh.

Suzanne said...

As for the restaurant, it sounds like there were many rooms with eaters - some of them aquatic.

Eddie said...

Instead of saying Bush should be glad Democrats are generally liberal, I want to go back and change liberal to compassionate.

Eddie said...

Suzanne,
And I bet some of those creatures looking through the glass wishes the glass wasn't holding it back from a good meal... but which side of the glass?