Monday, November 13, 2006

We Are What We Eat


Last week Anna checked the freezer department of our refrigerator down stairs to see if we had enough room for a turkey (upcoming Thanksgiving).

She found a ten pound sack of chicken-ice.

What happened weeks ago she put on the grocery list chicken thigh and leg quarters, on sale for a cheap amount per pound, I forgot what. When I went shopping, buying what was on the list I found the chicken on sale that she listed: Ten pound packages of fresh chicken. So, I bought a sack, carried them home and plopped them in the freezer and didn’t think anymore about it.

Martha Stewart, I'm not. Being fresh and most, they all froze together in one big solid lump.

This weekend we thawed them. The lump thawed into ten chicken quarters. I cooked six on the grill and Anna cooked four in the pressure cooker. We had chicken for lunch yesterday and chicken soup for dinner last night.

I will have chicken soup today for lunch and so will Anna at work. And tonight we will each have another quarter.

We are eating so much chicken that….. aawwwkkkk!

4 comments:

kenju said...

Chicken is my favorite, so I really could eat it for days on end and not mind a bit!

Eddie said...

Me too!

Anonymous said...

Bird makes meals like that too. She makes stuff in advance for us to have during the week....and we love Chicken!

Eddie said...

Steve,
Now, I am looking for to my chicken soup every day this week.
It is a nice break from the Charley Tunas I usually have.