Tuesday, November 07, 2006

"I Would Vote But I might Get My Shoes Wet"

In Georgia, according to the polls, for the office of Governor and Lieutenant Governor the two Republican candidates lead and might not even need a run-off.

However, in the polling survey one factor was not figured in: The Rain Factor.

I know several Republicans or people who claim to be independent but always vote Republican – the several people have one thing in common. They fear the rain. Are they afraid of getting their hair or their yuppie clothes wet?

Either way, they do not go out in the rain. Which seems strange, it seems they all are gun-toting hero -wannabee-Minutemen who would have to fight in all kinds of weather.

Today it is raining.

If the several people I mentioned above is a good samplings of Republicans in Georgia in general, then the Democrats may have a chance.

Let us pray for a blast of thunderstorms. We need the rain.

5 comments:

kenju said...

It is raining here, but I wonder if that will help us. In most of the districts where more Dems l ive, they have to walk or use public trasportation to get to the polls. I am hoping for a good turnout. I was #577 at my polling place, and that is a good turnout by 10:45 am.

Eddie said...

Judy,
I think being #577 at 10:45 would indicate a high turnout. I hope some organization in Raleigh is helping those people you mentioned get to the poles.
And here too.

Unknown said...

"I'm VOTING in the rain...just VOTING in the rain..." haha
my 15 year old son has a theory that rain will help dems because dems are "better americans" than repugs and therefore more likely to brave the rain and vote...he says they "want it more" HOPE HE'S RIGHT!!!

Eddie said...

Bird,
In a round-about way, that is what I was saying. I hope he is right too.

Eddie said...

Bird,
P.S. I hope you are feeling better after your root canal.