Monday, November 06, 2006

There's No Business Like Show Business!


I read this morning that Ellen Burstyn has been nominated for an Emmy for her 14 second cameo part in “Mrs. Harris”. She was as surprised as anybody else.

Which got me thinking of Emmys, Oscars, and Tonys.

I bet in the history of the Tony awards non have been given to stage players in Tjuana, Mexico.

I read someplace that the most sought out stage show in Tjuana is an act – well, I wouldn’t call it an act, but lets say this “happening” that people pay good money to see that has a very short playing time. A donkey is on one side of the stage and on the other side is a man in tights. As the drum roll reaches it climax the man runs full force across the stage and plunges head first, head only, into the donkey's rectum. I would think then another person leading the donkey would walk him at different angles to show that the man’s head is totally submerged.

I don’t know the name of the event, but maybe “Into the Ass’s Ass” would have a good ring to it.

And I wonder if the man shaves his head and face or does he wear a stocking over his head? Does he hold his breath or breath while submerged?

And what if the head serves as an enima?

Does the man’s mother brag to her neighbors across the clothes line that her son is in show business?

I think the man and the donkey certainly deserve some kind of award, probably a Tony. And I don’t think you will be bored with a long list of people either of them would want to thank.

3 comments:

kenju said...

Oh. Lord.

I could have gone the rest of my life without that information.

Eddie said...

Judy,
So I take it your next trip out of the U.S. will be to Mexico to catch the show live?

Suzanne said...

Is it sad that the only response I have to this is, "To be nominated for a Tony, the show must be on Broadway in New York."?