Thursday, September 07, 2006

The Upcoming Morning

The big news for this area is that at the Atlanta Zoo announced that Lun Lun, a female Panda Bear has given birth to a little hairless thing that look like a little clawing and crawling blob of pink bubble gum. The Zoo officials say that a twin might possibly be born sometime today.

Lun Lun was artificially inseminated . I doubt if her male compound-mate Yang Yang will be handing out cigar-shape sugar canes.

The second and less impressive news for this area is that President Bush in Air Force One will be landing at Dobbins Air Force Base here in Marietta and whisked off to the Galleria, which is in nearby Smyrna (also in Cobb County) to defend his reasoning why fighting in Iraq is the best way to fight terrorism.

I think it will boil down to: “Because I say so!”

By the way, on The Today Show this morning they said Bush would be Atlanta today defending his Iraq/Terrorism position. He will not. He will be in Smyrna. Atlanta is 12 or miles away.

Some local Republicans are keeping their distance from the President because of public opinion against him and his war. Republican Governor Sonny Perdue said he would be by the President’s side because, after all, he is President of the United States, so he would be by the President’s side, regardless who it is.

I don’t remember all that stand-by-your President talk from Republicans when Clinton was president.

Anna worked from the time we went to bed and woke up back at it, working at making a crock pot of meat balls to carry to work. Her office is giving a baby shower to one of the engineers and his wife today at lunch.

It is my job to be clawing at the door at Costco when they open this morning at 10am. I am to rush in, pick up a baby shower sheet cake ordered and rush it to her office. Time will be the essence. There will be no time to make a quick swoop of the free hot samples. Can I do it?

Then my second hurdle might be zig-zagging between an army of Secret Service men. Her office is between Dobbins Air Force where Bush will land and the Galleria in Smyrna where he is to speak.

Maybe I might accidentally bump into Bush face to face. If so, what do I say to him to have him look at his choices from a different angle? Maybe that is all he needs, a suggestion to guide him in the right direction. Hmmmm.

6 comments:

kenju said...

Oh, Eddie, Bush won't change his mind for anything, apparently! I hope you don't get caught up in his motorcade, though, you'd never get the cake there on time. And forget the free samples!

Hope the panda babies do well.

Eddie said...

Yeah, I am a little concern about the motocade. I have to go down the same parkway they are probably shutting down now. I think he is to arrive at 9:45. His speach is suppose to be at 10:15 which about 10 or 15 mintues later is when I will be coming down that same road.

Carolyn said...

If I were to run into Bush face to face, I would put that sheetcake to better use! (If ya know what I mean ;)

You have a point here: "...stand-by-your President talk from Republicans when Clinton was president."

Sounds like you're having a busy morning. Try not to run over... er... into... Bush, lol!

Eddie said...

Carolyn,
Yeah, instead of the ole "pie-in-the-face" it would be "sheet-cake-in-the-face" ... I'll be laughing that evil laugh of mine as I fall from a hail of bullets slamming me down.

Suzanne said...

Ha ha! I love Carolyn's suggestion!

Were you successful in avoiding the free samples? Cake delivery is a very important role for any event.

Eddie said...

Suzanne,
Partly.
I yanked up a quarter of a blueberry muffin and a free cup of coffee at the entrance and gobbled while I walked to the backery... finishing it up just in time to tell them I was "picking um orduh foo Hoontur... mma mma" ... smack!