Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Easy Come, Easy Go

I forgot to mention that I won $18 dollars on the Fantasy 5 Lottery yesterday. Technically I won $17 and a free game.

If I was you I wouldn’t run down to the bar closest to my home and wait for me to come in and tell the bartender “Drinks on the house!”. And I doubt if you will see standing on the street corner lighting my Cuban cigars with a flaming $100 bill.

The free game ticket lost, so I might has well farted in the wind. With the $17 I turned around and bought $5 worth of lottery tickets, for the next 3 Fantasy 5 drawings and the next two Big Game drawings.

Now I have $12 left of my prize money - just enough for a nice bottle of wine with a screw top and a big sack of spicy pig skins and go sit in a nice wind proof alley and enjoy the good life.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We won 2 bucks once and put it right back in. I don’t mind the lottery- seems like it is the only tax I like, a voluntary one….

Eddie said...

I look at it as a method of paying back what the Hope Scholarship did for us.
But if I ever win big, then I will take a different view.

kenju said...

Screw-top wine and pig skins? ICK. I think I could find a better use for $12....LOL

Eddie said...

Judy,
With my fragile heart pig-skins are out of the question. Guess what I drool for? Big cruchy spicy pig skin.