Saturday, September 16, 2006

Sarah C. Moody Tyson


This tin-type is my great-great grandmother Sarah C. Moody Tyson (1815-1895). She was born in South Carolina and died in Cherokee County, Georgia. She was the second of ten children of Allen Nancy Murphy Moody. I think she spent her formative years in Ball Ground, Cherokee County, Ga.

She married Robert Cabel Tyson (1821-1864) on September 3, 1843, and they had eight children.

She looks like she may have been Indian.

I know Ball Ground was named Ball Ground because it is where the Indians met to play ball.

As you may have noticed I ceased putting old pictures of mine and Anna’s relatives. I thought maybe I was using those pictures as a cheap way of generating entries for my blog, and felt guilty, so I quit showing them.

Well, heck. If I don’t have that to feel guilty I’ll find something else to feel guilty over. I am going to start putting the old pictures in again.

They are who I am, and that is what this site is about: Me!

3 comments:

kenju said...

I like the old photos, Eddie. You are creating a pictorial history of your people - what's wrong with that?? You are lucky to have so many good old photos.

Anonymous said...

Agree with Kenju....First of all, this is your blog, and you should put what you want here. Second, I like the old pix and the stories that go with them. You know me, I will write about almost anything, some times people seem to like it, other time not so much, but if I want to, I am going to write about it. You should do what you want!

I did think, when I saw the photo, that she was Indian.

Eddie said...

Kenju and Judy,
Thanks, coming from you, that means a lot.