Friday, September 15, 2006

Tales From the Stores

Today we shopped until I dropped. Before it was all over I was so tired and sleepy. Detail shopping does it to me every time.

We were looking for Anna some clothes for work, for me an upgrade in shoes. Anna wants me to have a pair of loafers… which none I looked at looked right – they all looked like I was pretentious. And cards. We looked for birthday cards, promotion cards, and I forgot what other cards.

During our shopping spree when Anna was in one of detailed shopping modes I got transfixed myself… mostly thinking about other things.

One of the things I thought about was the bluegrass concert we went to last Saturday night at the Acworth Opry. One thing I forgot to tell you.

The last group that played that night consisted of two brothers that were in their 40s or 50s, another man who was neat looking that had his two twin teenage sons with him. The father played a guitar and the one son played a fiddle and one son played the bass guitar.

There music was very energetic…. A fast pace kind of bluegrass.

Just before they started to play an older man over to the side at a table sat up display of CDs for sale by that group. We have bought two other CDs by the same group on other nights, but thought we would get one more.

I walked over to the table and the old man running the sales table was telling somebody that (pointing to the stage) was his band. He started it and they all worked for him, including his sons.

I picked out the CD I thought would be best and returned to my seat. There were two or three other people picking out a CD when I left the table.

A minute or two later the old man left his sales table and walked down front to the bottom of the stage. His son came and stooped down to hear him and he nodded his head and told him “Yes – sure, no problem.” His father turned around and walked back towards his table.

The son made an announcement before they continue to sing: “Yes, if you want to buy CDs, we do accept checks.”

If that old fart really was the boss of the band, over them and controlled the money, why would he walk down front and interrupt a song to ask that question?

When we returned tonight Anna checked her office email and there is a possibility she will be flying to Winnipeg in the near future with me tagging along naturally.

2 comments:

kenju said...

WOW - Winnipeg? You should try to meet some Canadian bloggers!

Eddie said...

Judy,
Bloggers or Loggers?