Monday, September 18, 2006

Get Rich Quick

This afternoon I went to the closest convenience store to buy my lottery tickets.

I had one Fantasy Five free game due, so I got that, and bought a quick pick for the next 3 upcoming Fantasy Five draws and for the next two Mega Millions draws. The total came to five bucks and will give four mornings of anticipation as I compare numbers – that will do fine.

At the counter ahead of me was a woman buying rub-off tickets and buying them and rubbing them off almost as quick as the little Indian (Eastern) man could unroll them. He also advised her which rub-off tickets stood a bigger chance of winning and which ones had biggest winnings.

The woman was a novice and had the fever. She appeared to be frantic. I think all the rub-off tickets are instant cash winnings. That woman needed some big bucks now!

Which reminds me, today some guy materialized that lives in Metro Atlanta who won the big jackpot for Mega Millions. It was the most anybody had won the newscaster had said.

The woman in front of me bought some more tickets to rub-off and left. I bought my tickets and left. When I was getting into my truck I saw the lady shut the door of her black car and back up. Guess what kind of car?

A new looking BMW.

4 comments:

kenju said...

Maybe that's why she needed the cash, Eddie, to pay for her gas...lol...they take premium gas.

Eddie said...

big spenders need big money.

Suzanne said...

Or she needs cash to pay for the car that she bought but can't afford. Was the repo man right behind as she peeled out?

Eddie said...

Suzanne,
I bet the repro man was hot on her heels.... or tires.