Monday, September 18, 2006

Napoleon Dynamite Marketed & Packaged


While we were in various card shops this weekend I noticed that Napoleon Dynamite cards. Napoleon Dynamite friendship cards, Napoleon Dynamite get-well cards, birthday cards, and other happy occasions.

On the different cards are shots of the Napoleon Dynamite movie with the different main characters in different combinations. They also had Napoleon Dynamite 2007 Calendars.

It is the type of product that Napoleon’s brother, uncle or girl friend would try to sell door to door.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love Napoleon, Ed! I used to have a giant poster of him in my middle school classroom...The little girls used to giggle when I looked at it, all starry-eyed and proclaimed how "hot" Napoleon was...they believed me for a while...:o)

Eddie said...

bird,
Sounds like you "keep'em rolling"! or keep'em guesing" one.
I think that movie has so many messages underneath its simpleton look.

Unknown said...

One of the main reasons I love that movie is that the "geek" gets the girl and the "nerds" are the protagonists. I love that. Plus, I love Napoleon's dance!

Eddie said...

He did dance good.
I like the non-expression passive personality when his female friend had when she knocked on doors to sell.
And the uncle was stuck in time, where he almost, according to him, won the game, and if he had they would be in the playoffs.
The jock naturally picked on Napoleon - that was just an accepted fact for everybody concerned with no hard feelings.... that was what was expected. The Mexican, also passive and non expressive. Getting raw eggs for lunch?
And the hot black chick coming to town and saw nothing but positive things about Napoleon's brother, or she prefer to ignore any weak elements about him... the Judo expert and was his girlfriend a boy or a muscle-bound man?
Napoleon rocked.