Monday, September 11, 2006

Bullshit Baffling

I know someone going on an interview for a technical kind of job. The person said, “If I can’t dazzle them with my knowledge I’ll baffle them with my bullshit.”

I like that.

I believe it was a nice day like this five years ago when the Earth stood still. For two very good insights on 9/11l01 check out Suzanne’s Cuss and Other Rants” and Button’s “Liberal Lucidity” blog links on the right.

I almost spilled coffee all over my face listening yesterday to something like Meet the Press when Dick Chaney was asked what connections, if any, did they have that Iraqis had any thing to do with the terrorist attack on 9/11 and he said something to the effect, “Absolutely none.”

Did I hear that right? Did I misinterpret what Dick said? Absolutely none?

If “absolutely none” is right and they didn’t find Weapons of Mass Destruction, so over 2,000 American lives later Bush can say the joke is on him.

A lot of people, according to polls, feel that Americans are safer now that Iraq is squashed. Are we? We stirred up a hornet’s nest in the Middle East. Now, the percentage of people in that part of the world who think it is okay to kill Americans have jumped much higher.

So, the joke may be on us.

Our policies, if you want to call it that, have turned some middle of the road Muslims into extremists.

And Bush is so concerned about turning Iraq into a Democratic nation I wonder why it hadn’t occur to him to turn other countries in that region to the same, such as Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Syria, and others that are our friends but yet undemocratic?

Another thing, Toby Keith was on CBS Sunday Morning. He has a lot of praise for the U.S. military man. Which I agree, they deserve our respect. But some times he talks and sings as if he is the one that is going over seas and kick some ass for messing with the U.S. of A. I know, when he was in the service this country must have been much safer. By the way, which branch was Toby in?

Which reminds me of a song by Kris Kristofferson “Lord, It Is Hard Being A Christian Soldier When You Have To Carry A Gun”.

9 comments:

Suzanne said...

Ah, Toby. I love how you nail him to the wall with all his posturing.

Anonymous said...

Bird and I think that if there isn’t some sort of positive change this November the Democratic party will either die (according to me) and be replaced or have a new party to challenge it and the GOP. I wonder of Cheney is insane- maybe a megalomaniac?

Eddie said...

Suzanne,
The samw program said Toby was just an orinary country singer until he started waving the flag and singing about the kicking the enemy's ass... then his popularity and income soared. I would hate to think I made my big bucks on destroying people. So, I'll stick with my meager bucks.

Steve,
Right now a beam of light is not shining on any Donkey is there? I hope they get their act together - otherwise we all may be doomed - we need a two party system for the check and balence it provides.

kenju said...

Eddie, I know we are not supposed to duplicate money - however - I th ought a small photo in illustration of the post might be okay. Blogger didn't agree....LOL
(I don't think they blocked it; just acting ornery, as usual).

Eddie said...

Judy,
It seems to me it would be okay, being a different size than the real thing and all.... and it would have been nice to add the visual you were talking about.
But after saying what I said, that it is illegal to publish photos of money I have seen more than more magazine with photos of money - so, I thought they probably laxed that law.

Carolyn said...

I can't stand Toby Keith. I wanna kick HIS ass! LOL! And I've dumped Brooks & Dunn too. I do still enjoy the Dixie Chicks :)

Eddie said...

In this household we love The Dixie Chicks!

Suzanne said...

Dixie Chicks rule!

Eddie said...

Natalie and the sisters - they are true babes with balls!