Sunday, September 24, 2006

Sunday Morning Coming Down

There is a song by Kris Kristofferson about Sunday morning. He wakes up with a hangover and smells fried chicken being cooked next door, hears people leaving for church and things like that. I thought of that, now it will torment me all day… I think the words “Never thought of dying” is in it…. If not, it should be – but those words will play and replay off and on all day and by the time I move to another song I will have thought of dying.

Surely there is not much to dying. Just one minute you are and the next minute you an’t. Poof! Never more.

And will there be an afterlife? If there is an afterlife that new segment you are entering should be interesting.

Is there a Heaven and Hell? Or was that just something thought up to keep the bad people who can be bought in line?

I think I rather think about the smell of the neighbor’s fried chicken being cooked - now that is something I can sink my teeth into.

No comments: