Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Coo, Coup, Coup de Ville, Ku, flu de coup

I have a long-lost-found friend, or he found me through my blog, that is a teacher in Thailand. I have mentioned him before.

I received an email from him yesterday evening – he was talking about the Coup there. He was notified not to report to work and the American Embassy emailed him and said there are no plans to evacuate Americans at the moment.

I think (and hope) this is a bloodless coup that has no malice against Americans – and soon life will be back to normal.

If there is a hint other-wise, I hope my friend grabs his wife and they get the hell out of there, which might be difficult because his wife is a native with parents not far away.

So, the most I can do is wish him good luck, regardless of the results of the coup.

2 comments:

kenju said...

If I were him, I would be making my travel plans!

Eddie said...

Judy,
It may be hard to do because his wife lives there and her parents lives about 40 or so miles away.