Sunday, June 25, 2006

Twins


These two good old boys are twins.

They just rode by and saw that there was a Ray Reunion on the the sign and came on in. They piled up with food and tood aorund and listened to people talk and some times laughed, and some times nodded their heads.

They didn't know anyone there.

I asked them did they live in the Iolta/Burningtown community and said no. I asked where they lived and they told me down the road, they didn't call it the Otto Community, but I think it was very close to there. I told them I used to communicate with a Hess Ray in Otto and he was the first one that told me about my great-grandfather, murder, and skipping town and changing his name. They said Hess is their uncle. They said Hess was taking care of his father but when his father died he sold everything and moved to Missouri. So, they contributed a little to my Ray knowledge with just a little prying and maybe a few pieces of KFC.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The one in the green looks familiar, and thats not one of my little jokes.

Ah, Otto, the sprawling communications center of the world (that was a little joke).

Eddie said...

I just remembered where they are from I think they said the Prentis Communicty.

Unknown said...

Did you know that how you pronounce "otto" lets the locals know where you are from? It's true!

Eddie said...

How do the locals pronouce it - "Ohda"?

Unknown said...

locals give it a hard "t" sound.. if you aren't from there, you pronounce it with a "d" sound.

Eddie said...

Bird,
When in Ot-Toe, do as the Ot-Toeians do.
Now that you mentioned it, the two twins, the good old boys definitely pronouced their T's.

Suzanne said...

Man, oh man. People kill me. I am glad that you got some info from them, though.

Eddie said...

I did... and it all adds up.