Sunday, June 25, 2006

The Trip Part 1 : Steve & Bird


Above: Steve and The Bird.
Some of my blogger friends can stomp all over Europe and not make a big deal of it. But we rarely leave Cobb County, so when, even if it up the road a short way into North Carolina we make a big deal of it.

This time we went up the road into Franklin, North Carolina, and look! We got stories and pictures and even a run in with a ghost to discuss. When we cross the county line our eyes widen and we are amazed at every thing, just like two innocent children.

I will probably you pelt with a couple of things over the next few days about our 31 hour trip. I need to study the pictures and throw them in with my stories – visual aids.

We left at noon Friday. We had already made plans to meet blogger friends Steve and Bird in the area for dinner we got there, they lived not far.

Bird said she only had two types of food she would not eat, fast food or some other, which I forgot… it doesn’t matter anyway, because it wasn’t something we would normally eat.

We did decided to grab a grilled McChicken at McDonald’s before we hit the expressway. Manning the cash register was a young girl that looked scared shitless. It was her first day. There were about six or eight people standing on the side waiting for the orders she screwed up. The poor sweet thing was nervous. She hadn’t counted on people complaining and mad at her if their orders were wrong and plenty of them were.

Most of the lunch crowd were workers. Workers that got dirty and have to wear helmets.. They needed to eat and get back at it. No sitting around and complaining about how hard life is to them, they probably had 30 minutes to eat lunch with a whip cracking boss – a building or paving schedule to meet.

Our order from the time we ordered it until we threw the paper trash in the garbage can was 40 minutes. I told Anna we should have brought Bird down here to heat, that was not a fast food.

About 50 miles outside Franklin it began to come a downpour. It rained off and on cats and dogs for the rest of the evening. I wanted to get out and dance in – it had been a long time since we experienced rain, we are in drought conditions. I hoped this thundering burst of water reached Marietta. I don’t think it did.

The trip took less than three hours. We checked into our room and called Steve and Bird and agreed on a time to meet, we had already decided by email where.

We met them and dined. They both are very knowledgeable type of people and wise – in other words, they agreed with our opinions.

We had an enjoyable session with them.

Steve seemed the type to very relaxed and can talk endless about many subjects. Bird, may not be all that relaxed, she seemed more full of raging energy. I don’t suggest raging as mad, just a ball of energy.

Bird had great body language skills and a quick wit. I think she could do an excellent one-one-one with Harpo Marx, Charlie Chaplin, Lucile Ball, or Red Skeleton. She couldn’t sit still. I bet she would bring down the house dancing.

We had a very nice time with them, and I agree with what Steve said on his blog, this proves that it does not have to be dangerous meeting fellow bloggers. In fact, we are pretty harmless…. And I forgot my blade anyway.

7 comments:

kenju said...

I laughed when you said they were knowledgeable and wise, since they agreed with your opinions. Isn't that always the case? LOL

Glad you had a good trip; look forward to details. Did Marietta get rain while you were gone?

Eddie said...

Judy,
No, Marietta did not get rained on until the hour we arrived back. I think those dark clouds followed us.

Anonymous said...

Eddie, i wont be able to catch up on reading your blog until Tomorrow, but did want you to know we both enjoyed it!

Unknown said...

Gee Ed, good thing I took that sedative before we came. You are right, i do like to boogie oogie oogie...had a great time visiting with you all.

Eddie said...

et & Bird,
I usually keep a mental number in my head knowing how many replies each entry has, and from time to time I just look at the number and it it suits me I don't open it up.... so, your replies has got by me all day. that is, if you beleive I could make a mistake. But this time I thought, "I remember one reply and I replied back, so that means there should be only two. So, I held my breath and dove in and found your replies and was pleasant surprised - I was wondering, "What did I say this this time to put my foot in my mouth?"
We enjoyed seeing you.

Suzanne said...

It sounds like a really great meeting. You are right: meeting bloggers can be very rewarding. I met some blog friends in Sacramento once and it was wonderful. My parents were convinced that I would get killed, of course.... Glad that a good time was had by all.

Eddie said...

Suzanne,
A good time was had by all, and the area was too crowded for me to try any thing.